Saturday, August 26, 2006

What Happens in Vegas...

So despite anonymous' insightful recommendation that I should stay home and take care of Iain, I was kidnapped and taken to Vegas last weekend. I suppose I could say shopping was my excuse. Or fine dining a la Prime. Or fabulous accomodations at The Hotel. Really, I don't think I need an excuse. Just an escape.

The problem with escapes is that they never last. And mine ended in the McCaren airport while monies were being exchanged for hoetl rooms and airfares. After all, "We were all going home to our husbands and might forget about settling up."

No one else noticed. At least no one else acknowledged the slip. But suddenly and subtly I discovered that I was different. Not the same. And homecoming was a bitch.

To the gals that were my Vegas buddies and best of friends, it truly was a fabulous adventure. There is no reason for guilt or sadness. It simply is what it is and the who's, why's, when's, where's or how's of my awareness are irrelevant and unimportant.

A day at the spa. Now that's important.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Little One,
You lead me down the strangest paths. Yet, why would I question that, your Mom did the same thing and I am truly endeared to her for ever and ever. Thank you for Vegas. I could only imagine girls talking freely. And, friends listening...unbriddled, no need for repentence. Healing happens in the strangest of settings. Oh, how I miss Irene! Time goes by and sometimes we don't even notice. When we are young, we make friends, when we are semi-young, we make friends, when we are older we make friends...the key word here, to me, seems to be "make", friends just do not happen all by themselves. We pick, we choose, we give, we take, we engage, we dump, we lift up, we rejoice. You got to rejoice over friendship, in Vegas. I am delighted to hear that spark-spark-sparkle in the fire cracker that will ignite you onward. Nooo, there's no rushing to extinguish the flame, the fuse is long-long-long. Don't call 911...just relish the thought that you can enjoy life in the strangest of places, AND still honor your loved ones, your commitments, God knows that!!!!

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of Mark Twain,

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home