Monday, October 31, 2005

Ice Cream Safari

For those of your eagerly awaiting an explanation of the ice cream safari, here it is:

On Saturday evening, in a last ditch effort to get some nourishment, Dalton asked me to run up to 7-11 for some decadent ice cream. Encouraged by the thought of him actually taking in calories, I excitedly hopped in the car and headed up the street. There were only two guidelines for the ice cream purchase; it had to be smooth and it had to be caloricly dense. Seemed easy enough, right? WRONG!

Ben and Jerrys has revolutionized the world of gourmet ice cream. I stood at the refigerated case scanning the tubs of Chunky Monkey, Cherry Garcia, and Phish Food wondering, "What happened to things like Dulce de Leche and Coffee?" "Does everything have to be chunky style?" After sperlunking around the case for several minutes, I decided to step my search up a notch and head to a real grocery store. Once there, I noticed a much more accomodating selection of smooth ice creams. However, for the first (and only) time in my life, I found myself wishing they had less "Light", "Carb Safe", "Lowfat" and more "Gourmet Decadence." In the end I found only three ice creams that matched the criteria. All were made by Haagen Daz and one of them (the dulce de leche) was actually their light version. However, the light Haagen Daz had more calories than the regular Breyers, so it was still the winner.

Of course, most of you know that these effort were in vain as Dalton tried several spoonfuls to no avail. Now I have three pints of ice cream living in my freezer that really need to be evicted. Like I said before, I need to try Dalton's weight LOSS regiment not his weight GAIN regimen.

Ice Cream, Anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home