Friday, October 21, 2005

Long Night

Nausea and vomiting are the new symptoms of the day. In ten years, I've never seen Dalton as sick as I saw him last night. Not usually prone to throwing up, last night he couldn't keep anything down. If this continues, it will be might difficult for him to follow doctor's orders and keep his weight up. It doesn't matter how much Ben and Jerry's one eats, if it doesn't stay put, it doesn't do any good.

I'm not sure what is going on with Iain, but the last few nights, he's decided that waking up at 10:30, 12:30, and 2:30 is a good idea. Maybe in some wierd way he is sensing that things aren't quite right and it's throwing off his schedule. Maybe I should rename the blog nosleepiain instead.

Dalton and I remain very optimistic about the outcome of all this. He has no fear that this is "the end," and that helps me stay positive as well. He simply wants to get the treatment underway so that we can resume normal life. Frustration comes from the inability to eat, pain, and now the nausea. Plus, patience isn't either of our virtues, so this waiting is really tough.

Thanks to all of you who have posted your thoughts and prayers. They are very encouraging. Someone posted this morning that the bravest thing is hope; I think I'll carry that one with me through this whole experience.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tricia...
I went through Chemotherapy for over ten years and I am an expert on vomiting. If you want to talk when you are up at 10:30P, 12:30A or 2:30A, call me.

May the Lord hold you all in one hand so that His power may be given to you!

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers. No since hiding the obvious, this STINKS beyond anything imaginable. Thank you for sharing a small part of what you are going through. Take care of Jim and take care of yourself. Austin

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have thought of you both constantly since hearing of your news. You will be in my thoughts and prayers....
If there is ANYTHING we can do, please don't hesitate to let us know.
Love,
Chandy

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tricia,

You've been in my prayers since hearing of this. It's been on my mind and heart for days. I want you guys to know that we are praying for you. I've even let the students here know.

May God grant you some measure of peace.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almighty God, with fervor have the Hardings sought you. With faith, and hope, have they entrusted their prayers with you. Please bless their bodies and souls, and with "healing in your wings" cover them with your tender merciful love and peace.
Amen.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dalton and Tricia,
My heart is so heavy for you guys. Please know that I'm praying for you Dalton for God to heal you. Has anyone come to lay hands on you? IF not, do you want me to come? Deni and I love you two. I have so many memories of working together at Alpha. Jack

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Trisha,
I was friends with your mother and father in high school. No family should have to suffer what you have gone through. I know that you have a very strong faith and that will be the strength for both you and Dalton. However, Dalton's inspiration will be you. I don't know what career path you have taken but your writings are inspirational. The love and humor you are able to impart to us all gives hope for the future. You seem to be an amazing young woman, wise beyond her years. Your parents would be very proud of you.
My prayers are with you, Dalton, and Iain.
Sue Menegay Hume

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home