Sunday, December 24, 2006

Really, It's Christmas Eve?

Seriously, that's all I'll say about it. On a much more interesting note, thanks to my NY/LA friends, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that my New York experience has been a bit more authentic than touristy. Dalton and I always said that one of the most interesting places to visit on vacation was the grocery store. New York is certainly no exception. In fact, New York has some of the most interesting grocery stores I've ever seen. And I'm not just talking about Dean and Deluca. More interesting than D&D are te small corner grocery stores that seem to carry everything i need to make Iain happy. Their "salad bars" offer fresh cut mangoes, blueberries, strawberries, tofu, edamame, and of course pirates booty. They (these "salad bars") are 10 times the size of any in LA, and have made travelling with a toddler far easier than I would have expected.

Then, there is the whole NY dining experience. Let's just say the following things:

1) It's a good thing that i am only eating one meal a day or it would take me weeks to recover from the caloric surplus.

2) I have been lucky enough to eat at some of the best restaurants in New York, and a few weeks of extra sit ups are so worth it.

If you're a foodie, there's certainly more to tell. If not, I'll just sound like a pretentious snob. I'll leave it up to you to ask for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home